Dragging widget does not drag

I am on a Samsung Tablet running Android 6.0.1 and I am trying to set up my first dashboard. I have a couple widgets bound to items and they work great. But then at the 3rd widget, the funkiness happens. I can no longer drag the widgets and have them stay, and there is a “ghost” widget that doesn’t respond to anything.
See here:

At this point, I can’t drag anything to the trash to start over as after releasing after a drag the widget reverts to where it was. I can’t seem to delete a dashboard, so now I have several garbage dashboards.

Is anyone else running into this :frowning:

Can you try completely closing the app (swipe away in app list) and see if that changes it?

Yea, that clears the ghosty thing, but then I get into a weird state where I cannot successfully move the widgets. I’ll see if I can capture a video.

Also, it seems like that dashboard is affected by a bug that creates wrong grid (tall and skinny widgets). Bug fix for that should be coming in the next release.

On a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with Android 4.x, I also experience the inability to drag a widget. When I drag it, it moves, but on release of the widget, it just goes back where it was originally. It doesn’t happen all the time or with all widgets.

@synth3tk few bug fixes around widget dragging are coming in the next version. Most likely, it will fix that.

@dinodog do you still experience that problem with the latest release?

It is definitely better. I haven’t had a chance to play with it much, but there are still a few artifacts. I’ll try to play with it in the next day or two and get more details.

Great, thanks for checking!

Yup, agree I’m not getting any crashes or anything but it takes me about 10 attempts to be able to drag a widget to a different position on my Android 4.4 tablet.
EDIT : Okay apologies… It appears i need to do a tap and hold and then I can drag without issues. :slight_smile:

So, after adding a widget and selecting the type (this is a weather widget), the block clears and looks funky. At this point I can’t add any other widgets nor drag anything.

Then, killing the app and restarting it will make the widget show no problem.

I’m still trying to figure out when app gets into this funny state that needs restart. Will update.