Setpoint option for thermostats

Hi,
Please let me know if “Setpoint” is available in sitemap. I need this option for my “own thermostat” configuration…
Thank you

1 Like

Since Setpoint is the sitemap concept (which is not used in this app), can you describe more what items do you use? Any OpenHAB number item should be bindable to thermostat temperatures.

Hi Igor,

Thank you for answer. I need to know which widget I should use to have the same behavior like setpoint in sitemap (to set Min Max values and to show the actual value…).

Thank you,
Marian

Marian, is it more like a “dimmer” functionality then? what is it you want to control?

I want to control my Underfloor Heating System. I’m trying to create my own thermostat that will control the temperature in each rooms. I’m using a relay, and GPIOs of RP3 to send a signal (ON/OFF) to remotely controllable electric valves and heater pump. The Rooms Temperature is provided by z-waves sensors… I can change the setpoint of each rooms by using the Openhab Android application with Classic UI. I want now to migrate this configuration to your Android Application.

I hope you have now enough information to help me …

Thank you,
Marian!
This is the actual Configuration:
Screenshot_20170921-171500|281x500

Maybe it will be fine to use a Light Dimmer Widget with widget Unit set to deg (degree) like you said before. But in this case how i can limit the values from 16.0 C to 25.0 C for example (How to define the minimum and maximum values)…

Thank you.

Marian, did you try using existing thermostat widget for that? For now, you would to leave fan/mode alone, it cannot be hidden. Thermostat widget is not finished so current temperature is not shown, but you should be able to control the temp there.
If you want to show few of them and not take too much space, there will be a better layout for smaller size.

Thank you for your advice. Please let me know where I can find the tutorial for this widget. I was looking on : https://github.com/igorgladkov/rotini/wiki but is not there or maybe has other name … in Feature-> Experimental is only MQTT

Thank you in advance

There are no tutorials for the new version, since everything is done through the UI. Is there a particular problem you have with setting up thermostat widget?

Hi Igor,

Was my mistake. I was looking on the native version of Project Rotini application … I requested the testing version (24 hours ago) but I didn’t receive it yet.
Can you help me with this.

Thank you in advance!

What do you mean by native version?
Where did you request testing version?

Hi
Here:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.projectrotini.beta

“If you already have the Project Rotini app installed on your device, you’ll get an update with the testing version shortly. If you don’t have the Project Rotini app installed, download it on Google Play first, then you’ll get an update with the testing version. It can take a few hours for the update to arrive.”

And I thought that I should wait for testing version after request …

Thank you

You should be able to install almost immediately after opt-in. Did you try to install from here (best to try on device itself, to avoid any account issues)?

Thank you Igor,

Unfortunately, it seems that my Android phone (One Plus One )is not compatible with the version that you linked in your last response…
Do you know something about this limitation? This version is special dedicated to tablets ?

Thank you

That’s right, phone support is not released yet, but any tablet with Android 4.4+ should work.

Now is clear for me … Many thanks !

No problem at all. Glad it’s sorted out.