Grafana graphs not shown in a Web widget

Hello!

I’ve tried using Web widget to display Grafana graphs, but they don’t show up. It just shows a black background. I can display graphs in both Android Chrome/Samsung browser, and Desktop Chrome using the same web address (it’s a server in local network). I’ve also tried to create a web page in local Apache installation, put a graph in an iFrame and then display that page in a Web widget, but with the same result (again, it works in all the browsers I’ve mentioned). I’ve also tried turning JavaScript ON/OFF but without a difference. Is there a way to make it work, or it’s a limitation of a Webview used in Project Rotini app?

Best regards,
Davor

@igor Any insight on this issue?

There should be no difference between Chrome on later Androids and Webview. Let me check it with Grafana in particular.

Hello!

Just a few additional information:

• I’ve tried displaying both, dashboard and single panel
  • I’ve tried displaying it using Link option, as well as cutting out web address part of iFrame Embed option
  • My Grafana server has Anonymous access enabled for the Organization I’m using for dashboards/panels creation and links sharing

Best regards,
Davor

Hello!

Not sure if this is the right topic, but, since it’s a bug in the Web widget, I will post it here, rather than opening a new topic. The bug manifests when you try to enter a web address in a landscape orientation. I’m using Samsung Galaxy S6, and, when you enter text entry mode in landscape, it shows a big text box in the upper part of the screen, and a keyboard in the lower part. To close the entry mode, there is a Done button (both in the upper and in the lower part of the screen). When entering a web address and pressing Done button, there are 2 different behaviors, and both look like a bug. Sometimes Done button simply does not function - no matter how many times you press it, it does not close an entry mode. And sometimes pressing Done button just crashes Project Rotini. Also, if you start entering web address in a landscape orientation, and then change orientation to portrait, Rotini brings you back to a widget type selection screen (even though I’ve already picked a Web widget).

Best regards,
Davor

@davorf Thank you for detailed steps to reproduce! That should be helpful.

Hello!

Have you had a chance to test web widget with Grafana? I’ve tried every possible combination of panel/dashboard sharing, custom web pages, proxies and everything else I could think of, but all I get is black background (I suppose that’s Grafana default background, but without graph). Regarding other bugs, they are not blockers (there is a way to bypass them), so, I suppose they aren’t that urgent.

Best regards,
Davor

@davorf yes, checked on it.
The issue was with local storage, Grafana requires it and it is disabled in Web widget. There will be an option added in the next release to enable it.

1 Like

Hello!

I’ve tested Grafana graphs with a new version, and they are working now. Thank you for the quick fix.

Best regards,
Davor