Home assistant Script?

What’s the best way to toggle a script from home assistant with a project rotini widget.

A switch requires the user to turn the switch off and on before a script is run.
An action causes the script to be set to a state and then the script can’t be run again until the state changes.

I looked back to preview 2 and it said script support was added, not too sure to what extent support has been added so that could be the issue.

Thanks for any help and keep up the good work!

Binding script to a switch should behave similar to HASS default UI. The switch should revert back to off state after few seconds after script is complete. Does that behave differently for you? Do you see this behavior in HASS UI with your scripts?

yeh the problem that seems to be happening is when the script completes it sets the state back to off on the HASS web ui, but for some reason the rotini app doesn’t update the state. I know this because I have switched the script on and left it for 10 mins and the switch remains in the on state but if you remove and then readd the widget it shows the off state.

Does closing the app (through back button) also reset state to correct one?
Also, do other widgets on that dashboard update whenever they should?

All the widgets work perfectly fine with other bindings, but when it comes to a script the issues arise. Concerning, closing the app with the back button, this does reset the state correctly.

I see. Thanks for checking.
Seems like a bug then, will update after the investigation.

Hi,

I am looking for the same functionality, to activate a script. I tried the action widget with state to ON, that just made the script run in a loop. When I tried to use a switch widget I experienced some of the same behaviour, the script ran several times until I manually turned it off. Any updates on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Script component should work with Switch and Action widgets (on value) in the next release.

Thanks for update igor. And great work with the app! Do you know about when the next release will be?

There are several features still in development for the next release. So it is hard to tell exact date, but should be within couple of weeks.