Latest Version broke Rollershutter widget

Hi,

I was using 2 Rollershutter Widgets before, now they just say “Ooops, Whats that?”. When I long clicked to edit, I got a “Pick a Widget” screen which was empty and not working (not even the X) so I had to restart my device to get out of it.

Seems like something went wrong during the Update.

Fix is rolling out now in a patch release.

Well I deleted them and now I can’t add them to see if it’s fixed cause no openHab Items are found. In addition to that, I just tried to add a Lock Widget, cancelled it before binding it and now my homescreen is completely gone. This version is seriously full of bugs, completely unusable (not only because the OpenHab connection is broken but also because other things tend to just stop working like the widgets and the home screen when things go wrong). Still way to go until it’s finally stable, but keep your head up and the good work!

I’m still trying to figure out why some users don’t see OpenHAB items. While there are bugs in this version, those are specific to some setups/configs, so it is harder to track down.
Regarding homescreen issue, can you try to restart the app, and see if it works then?

Restarting the device fixed the issue. It’s interesting that when i tried to configure a widget (I don’t remember which one it was, i have to check tomorrow) I saw like 9 of my OpenHAB items (there are over 100). Other widgets showed 0 items. The items had no similarities, different groups, different tags, different names, different types, nothing that could somehow help to identify the bug.

Which widget you tried to config when you saw some items available?

I just installed rotini on my phone and tried to reproduce it, I didn’t see any items here. I will check on the tablet tomorrow and see if they pop up there. Also tomorrow it’s time for the new openhab release, maybe that fixes something.

I just checked the access log of my openhab and except for a connection to /rest/uuid on setup of openhab in rotini, there are no further connection attempts. Seems like it’s not even trying to request the item list.

The items are visible in Action, Switch, Value… Not visible in Thermostat, weather. Still there are only a few items shown and on my phone with the exact same setup, it’s showing nothing. So no clue what this might be, i suggest you check the changes and see what might cause a request to not be executed. I’m using Android Nougat on my phone and I think the tablet is on Marshmallow. Have to check that again to be sure. Logcat is showing nothing, so I think there’s nothing else I can do to help you out fixing the issue.

Ok, thanks for the information. Will update.

New version with several bug fixes has been pushed out. Let me know if the problem persists after update.

Fixed. Awesome! Little feature request: When configuring a new widget and selecting an item it should automatically insert the item name as label, unless a label has been configured before for that item.